Not sure how to get started with Stripe? Follow these tips to register your account, verify your identity and address verification.
Registering with Stripe
As an individual choose Individual/sole trader, as a representative of an NGO, school, community group, association choose Non-profit organisation (NPO).
2. Under business structure, if you are a registered NGO choose Incorporated Non-profit, if you are a school or community organisation choose Unincorporated Non-profit.
3. The name and address of the NGO, school or group should be entered as the “legal business name”. These details should be the same as those on the official “business” school/NGO/group verification documents (e.g. bank or utility bill) that you will upload later in the process.
If you don’t have an organisation or group address you can use your home address, just remember that the name entered in the “legal business name” slot should be the same as the name on the document.
4. The second name and address requested should be the same as the name and address on the ID and proof of home document (bank, utility, insurance document) you will upload further down the line.
5. If you don’t have a company registration number when asked you can include a VAT number, Employer Identification Number (EIN), Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) or other tax ID numbers can be entered. If you don’t have any of these enter 111111 or 000000.
6. There is no need to add business owners, business directors and business executive fields, just choose 'Continue with no…' instead.